TOPIC : CONSEQUENCES OF DISHONOUR
Scripture :1 Samuel 2: 30. Wherefore the LORD God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the LORD saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter. In conclusion of yesterday’s message, we want to briefly enumerate the consequences of dishonour.
Consequences of dishonour:
- It makes you loose your inheritance :(1 Samuel 2:27- 30)
Eli and his family inherited the priesthood. The moment God saw dishonour, He withdrew His hand from them and what followed was disgrace and loss of priesthood from their family. Eli’s problem was that he honoured his children above God(2Sam.2:29). God is interested in how we honour Him, the moment we begin to share His honour with Him or take the honour that is due to Him, then expect the other side of God, certainly shame is inevitable. It is more common with men of God to trade with the honour that is due to God. Don’t say I’m too anointed, so nobody talks to me, take it easy, we know what happened to Nebuchadnezzar in a flash, God ripped him of all his honour and he became a beast (Dan.4: 30- :33). He later remembered how to give honour to God (Dan4:36) after he was disgraced from the throne.
Beloved, what do you honour above God? Eli’s case was his children, yours may be money, marriage, position, wealth, fame, anointing, prestige etc. Please repent of such today.
- Dishonour makes you loose your harvest (1Sam.2:30): Dishonour is a seed for disgrace and honour is a seed for grace. God said …’they that honour me, will I also honour…’ In other words, if you live your life just to honour God, you are sowing a seed that will return as a harvest, God will honour you. Young brothers and sisters don’t abuse your bodies, rather use it to honour God and you will be honoured in return.
- Never attain to old age (1Sam. 2:31): Anywhere there is dishonour It is difficult to find old men in that family.
Beloved, if you want to live long, then when you see an old man or woman honour them. How can you sit down and your elders are standing? It is an error. How can you insult a man that is old enough to be your father or mother? If you have been doing that repent because you are sowing a seed. Give honour to whom honour is due(Rom.13:7).
- Dying at the prime of their age (1Sam. 2:33): The covenant of longevity is for every child of God. But some are dying young most especially at the prime of their life because of violations of certain principle.
Deuteronomy 5: 16. Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
There is no way you will violate the word of God and not get the result. If you want to live long then honour God and man. And let charity begin at home by honouring your parents! You insult your parents and even beat them up, chaii!! You are laying a curse on your generation.
- It promotes struggle and hardship.(1Sam. 2:36):Anytime there is dishonour, you see people struggling unnecessarily.
The Bible said the reason why you must honour your parents is so that it may be well with you(Eph.6:3). Both your biological parents and spiritual father, non of them are receiving honour from you. It is wrong because such promotes hardship and unnecessary struggle. The man who is labouring, praying for you deserves to be honoured once in a while. Your father and mother that gave birth and nursed you deserve to be honoured regularly. If you want an easy life then honour your parents and as well your pastor and what they carry will rub off on you. Wives honour your husband and you will get the best out of them. Remember this; Hell is real and Heaven is real. Your choice today, determines your place of eternity tomorrow . Prayer points:
- Father thank you for your word to me today.
- Lord, I reject the spirit of dishonour and recieve grace to give honour to whom honour is due in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
- I prophesy an end has come to all forms of disgrace in your life in the name of Jesus
- I decree that untimely death occasioned by dishonour is arrested in the name of Jesus
From your brother Alex
God bless you.