TOPIC: INTRODUCTION TO THE POWER OF THE CROSS
Scripture:1 Corinthians 1: 18. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
Beloved, I welcome you to the month of April! This week is an important week because the event of this week culminate to the crucifixion, death, burial and subsequent resurrection of Jesus Christ from the grave.
Our focus however is the cross upon which crucifixion took place! I wish to introduce to us that there is power refers to the power of the cross!
The power of the cross of Jesus Christ is central to the Christian faith! Hence without the cross we can not be talking of Christianity. It is on the cross humanity meet with divinity! The cross reveals to us the character of God: His love for lost sinners and His perfect justice meet at the cross.
If we want to grow in our love for God, which is the first and greatest commandment, then we must be growing to understand and appreciate the cross, which shows us His great love. If we want to grow in godliness, we must grow in understanding the significance of the cross, which confronts the most prevalent and insidious of all sins, namely, pride.
The cross is the place where all the wounds of sins are healed. If you suffer from emotional problems–guilt, anxiety, depression, anger, or whatever–there is healing in the cross of Christ.
The following are things to note about the cross:
1.The cross is the center of the story of the Scripture(1 Cor. 2:2). Wisdom was found not beyond the cross, not above the cross, not below the cross, but in the cross.
2.The cross redefines power in the kingdom. Jesus redefines power by displaying strength through weakness. He does not exploit his power like Adam, but empties himself (Phil. 2:5–6). He becomes a servant of all, and thereby is exalted as ruler of all (Phil. 2:9–11).
3. The cross inaugurates the new covenant.(Matt.26:26-30). At the Last Supper Jesus interprets his death as bringing in the new covenant. It is by his body and blood that his new community is formed.
Matthew 26: 28. For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.*
4. The cross conquers sin and death.The cross cancels the record of debt that stood against humanity (Col 2:14). On the cross Jesus bore our sins in his body, so that we might die to sin and death (1 Pet. 2:24).
5.The cross vanquishes the devil (Eph. 2:20–21). The cross is what expired the devil, disarm him completely.
6. The cross is foolishness to the world.(1Cor.1:23)
7. The cross brings peace, reconciliation, and unity. At the cross the whole world has the opportunity to be reconciled to the Father.(Colo.1:20, Eph.2:14).
8.The cross is the marching order for Christians(Matt.16:24)
Beloved, the cross is not only where our sin is paid for, where the devil is conquered, but the shape of Christianity. The true essence of Christianity comes alive as you understand the power of the cross. Join me as we travel together through the Bible as we explored the blessedness of the cross.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! Jesus has been crucified for our sin, give Him your heart today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord help me to appreciate the power of the cross as it applies to my every day life in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy upon your life, this month of April shall favour you in the name of Jesus.
– May the blessedness of the cross of Jesus fill your life and family in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.
Spread the love