Topic: REVELATION THE MOTIVATION TO THE CROSS
Scripture:Hebrews 12: 2. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Beloved I welcome you to another moment of encounter. It has been confirmed that what you see, affect your action and motion. To travel faster is to see clearer ahead! Vision determine speed and action. Today the Holy Ghost is saying revelation is key to endurance.
*How does revelation sponsor endurance?*
1. Revelation sponsor caution and endurance to life (Heb.12:2); The revelation of what you see ahead of you has a way of influencing your action and decisions about life and God! Jesus saw the Joy that was set before Him and that made Him to endured the cross and despised shame.
Beloved, what revelation about God and His kingdom have you you caught? it is this revelation that will fuel your endurance for life!You can’t be patient to endured the cross now if you see nothing. What your crosses your minds eye determine what you can endure in life! Some of us are too ashamed to be on the street for evangelism because we lack revelation of God. Some a little challenge they are already threatening to drop the Bible all because there’s no revelation. Those that endure must see something out of the scripture or God told them something. So strife for revelational knowledge of God today.
2. Revelation affect your mode of prayer and worship(Dan.6:10,11):
*Genesis 17: 1. And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. 3. And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,*
Abraham will always prostrate to worship God because he had the revelation of the Almighty God. How you picture God in your daily life is a function of the revelation you have caught about God. How you magnify God is also affected by the image of God of has been formed in your heart. Some of us find it difficult to kneel before God because of our poor revelation of Him.
Beloved, there’s a revelation of God that you will catch that you don’t need pastor to tell you reverence or honour God! You have known Him too much to kneel or prostrate or roll on the ground with your best attire for Him.
3. Revelation plant the fear of God(Dan.3:16-18): Men that fear God are men who had the best picture of God.
*Genesis 42: 18. And Joseph said unto them the third day, This do, and live; for I fear God:*
This is the determinant of Joseph’s life. Even when no one else is seeing him yet he believe the invincible eye’s of God is seeing his action.
4. Revelation affect your service(Lk.9:62): The way you serve God depends on the picture of God in your mind’s eye. To serve anyhow is a confirmation of your level of knowledge of God. How you serve is a function of the revelation you once had or what you were told about God.
5. Revelation affects your giving life(Lk. 21:1-3):Those who gives generously have a different revelation from those that doesn’t. What you give confirmed your knowledge of God. Those that give dirty and torn money to God has a poor revelation of God. Those who don’t pay tithe and other kingdom financial commitment has a poor revelation of God.
*How then does revelation come?*
1. Through the scripture(Ps.119:130)
2. Through personal dealing in the place of prayer(Gen.17:1-3)
3. Through desire(Prov.18:1)
In conclusion, to endure anything in your pursuit of God and His kingdom, let fresh revelational light from the scripture be your motivator.
*Remembered this:* Heaven is real and hell is real, where do you want to spend eternity? Make your choice now!
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I received grace to pursue fresh revelational knowledge of your person in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy the hunger for fresh revelation of God to come upon you now in Jesus name.
– May the veil of darkness over your life catch fire in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you