TOPIC: THE DARKNESS OF THE CROSS
Matthew 27: 45. Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Our Lord Jesus was crucified on the cross at 9am being the third-hour:
Mark 15: 25. And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.
Jesus hung on that cross for the next six hours (9am-3pm) in excruciating pains to pay the final price for our redemption! However, something drastic took place within the next three hours that science can not explain till eternity and that was a sign and a wonder! For the first time darkness took over the earth for the next three hours from 12noon to 3pm! It wasn’t an eclipse that often lasted for few minutes but this one was darkness that lasted for three hours! In midst of this darkness Jesus shouted because His father turned His back on Him;
Mark 15: 34. And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
Oh! What a painful experience! Jesus pass through just to redeem my life and your life. Beloved, if you are yet to surrender your life to Jesus, please do so now. And if your life is not correct, and you know it very well, you may be in church or even a worker/minister, don’t allow the price of Jesus Christ on the cross to be in vain.
What is the implications of the darkness of the cross?
A. The darkness was a miracle, plain and simple;
1. A visible suspension of the law of nature – the sun stopped shining! I don’t believe there were any stars either – and the Moon was dark as well
2. The darkness was a visible display of the power of God, because only He can change the laws of nature!
3. There is nothing out there in space that can cause the Sun itself to go dark, the Author of creation touched the Sun, and brought darkness.
B. It was necessary – not an accident
1.The darkness revealed God’s design and purpose of the cross – judgment
- The darkness proved to the whole world that God’s Son was dying;
- When Jesus told the unbelieving religious crowd that He came to save them from their sins, they were gravely offended
- When Jesus said, “I am the Son of God,” they took up stones to stone Him.
Beloved, there are times, God will suspend protocol just to deliver you or give you a miracle. In this Christian walk miracles are sometimes needed to silent some insult. Evidence is the end of all argument, when miracle shows up there are so many preaching we don’t need because miracle cover up a lot of preaching. In your own life there are issues that is begging for an explanation when miracle comes you don’t need any explanation any more.
Beloved, are there issues in your life that have defied medical attention? all that is needed today is a miracle! Do you have an unbelieving children that has become a concerned or a spouse that has refused to accept Jesus that you profess and believe in? Then you need a miracle that has a voice, a miracle that that can preach even to the hardest criminal, when they see it they are humble. Do you know even the soldiers that were part of the crucifixion saw this miracle of darkness and they confess the truth:
Mark 15: 39. And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God .
Beloved, what the Holy Ghost is saying to us this morning is that the darkness that came as a result of the crucifixion on the cross was a miracle! And our life needs some miracles to silent certain opposition and argument.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. The rejection of Jesus Christ work on the cross equal hell. Give your heart to Jesus today.
- Father thank you for your word to me today.
- Lord, I received a miracle that can silent every argument in my life in the name of Jesus.
Prophetic Declaration ;
- I declare the the release of net breaking, boat sinking miracles into your life in the name of Jesus.
- The miracle that will silent every argument in your life receive it now in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex.