TOPIC: THE EVENTS AT CRUCIFIXION
Scripture:Matthew 27: 51. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! At crucifixion, there were three major events that took place immediately Jesus took His last breath and died on the cross. These events are the focus of our meditation today.
From our anchor scripture, the events include:
- The tearing apart of the veil of the temple (Matt.27:51). There were two veils inside the temple — one at the entrance to the Holy Place and the second one at the entrance to the Holy of Holies. Only the high priest was allowed to pass through the second veil once a year during the Festival of Atonement. That second veil was 60 feet high, 30 feet wide, and an entire handbreadth in thickness! Caiaphas was in the temple at that time offering the lamp for atonement for each family, when the incident occurred! He saw a divine hands renting the thick curtains apart, exposing the Holy of Holies!
The significance of this is that, when Jesus was lifted up on the Cross, that Cross became the eternal mercy seat on which the blood of the final sacrifice was sprinkled. Once that sacrifice was made, it was no longer necessary for a high priest to continually make sacrifices year after year, for Jesus’ blood had now settled the issue forever!
What is the implications of the veil torn in the temple at crucifixion?
A. Access to the Father is now granted:
Hebrews 10: 19. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20. By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Beloved, if you are still far from God, it is your fault. God the Father has kept the door open for you to come unto Him. No matter the level of your sin or crooked life, God is saying come let us straighten out things together;
Isaiah 1: 18. Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Stop running away from your Maker because your way is not right, that was the problem of the first Adam(Gen.3:8-12). Come to Him and confess your short comings and He will fix it up for you. Be willing to admit your sins, confess and obtain forgiveness from Him
Hebrews 4: 16. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
You now have access to God! Do you desire mercy and grace? Jesus’ death on the cross flung open the door of mercy and grace! Mercy is the punishment you deserve that was cancelled while grace is that which you don’t deserve that is given to you!
B. The presence of God is no longer confined to one place which is Holy of Holies but now resident in our spirit! So, you can enjoy the presence of God 24/7, all that is needed is an attitude of worship and gratitude:
Psalm 100: 4. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
Fall in love with this God, who loves you so much that He offer His only begotten Son(Jn.3;16). Let Him become your number one Lover. Let your heart chase and pants after Him and you will see His lifting power from glory to glory.
Remember this ; Heaven is real and hell is real! The blood of Jesus Christ refuses you going to hell. Please accept Jesus’ pardon today.
Prayer points ;
- Father thank you for love for me in granting me access to your throne
- Father, help me to come into your presence every day with an attitude of thanksgivings and prayers in the name of Jesus.
- I declare upon your life grace for praise and worship and prayer.
- Whatever has rubbished your relationship with God receive grace to repair it now in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.