TOPIC: THE EVENTS AT CRUCIFIXION(PART 2)
Scripture: Matthew 27: 51. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
Beloved, in continuation of what we started yesterday concerning the events that took place at crucifixion, according to the Gospel of Mathew 27: 51. The first event was the renting of the veil of the temple. Today, we shall yet consider another fantastic event.
The second event that took place was the earth quake and the splitting of the rock;(Matt.27:51).
What is an earthquake?
An earthquake is simply a shaking or trembling of the earth due to volcanic activity or, more often, the shifting of the earth’s crust.
So, the earth shook when the blood of Jesus the Creator of the universe dripped from the cross to the earth! Although there had been earthquakes before that time but on this occasion, it was a unique one as it happened at the time Jesus breathe his last and the earth opened her mouth to receive the blood of Jesus! The rock split in sympathy for the arrival of the Master! Hell quaked as Jesus also went to hell and collected the key of our authority from Satan!
What is the significance of the earthquake at crucifixion?
- It signifies the arrival of the presence of God and end to an era! In Exo.19:18 when the Lord descended on Mount Sinai, there was an earthquake! The Lord descended to give the law to the children of Israel. We can therefore deduce that the earthquake at crucifixion marked the end to the era of the law! If on arrival of the law there was an earthquake, then at its departure also, there was an earthquake.
Beloved, we are no longer under the dispensation of the law but under grace!
2 Corinthians 13: 14. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
- It signifies the judgement of God(Isa.29:6)!
Isaiah 29: 6. Thou shalt be visited of the LORD of hosts with thunder, and with earthquake, and great noise, with storm and tempest, and the flame of devouring fire.
Most times when God wants to judge the enemies of His children, He releases an earthquake. In 1Sam.14:11-15, the Lord released an earthquake that trouble the host of the Philistines while Jonathan made a great slaughter.
Beloved, by virtue of the earthquake at crucifixion, Satan that made himself the prince of this world has been judged. The authority now belongs to Jesus(Matt.28:18, Rev.1:18) and He is delegating you as a representative of Himself on earth, that is why every devil must obey you in the name of Jesus. So rise up and challenge that witchcraft power tormenting you in your neighborhood, exercise your authority over every devil in the name of Jesus.
- The earthquake represents deliverance (Acts16:20-27): Paul and Silas were jailed in Philippines. When God came down for their deliverance there was an earthquake that shook the prison house to its foundation.
Beloved, the earthquake at crucifixion announced your deliverance from captivity. Are you still tied down by chains of sins and addiction? are you chained down by the power of your ancestors that have vowed never to let you go and become what you are meant to be? I bring you good news, Jesus’ death on the cross set you at liberty! And by the power of resurrection, I declare you are walking out of those chains of limitations today. You are walking out of those chains of masturbation, smoking and confraternity! Jesus sets you free now.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! The rejection of Jesus Christ atoning work on the cross equals hell, give your heart to Jesus today.
- Father thank you for your word to me today.
- Lord let the earthquake of judgement come upon every enemy of my destiny in the name of Jesus.
Prophetic Declaration :
- I declare the judgement of God comes upon every satanic gang up around you today in the name of Jesus.
- Like Paul came out of that prison house unhurt, you are coming out of every prison house in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you real good.